Re: WiSP and Symek TNC3

Victor,

Use the TNC-2 selection.  On the T-Baud/Programs dip switch block, set
1,2,5 OFF and 3,4,6,7,8 ON.  This will set the TNC to wake up in KISS mode
and set the serial port to 57600bps (always set it one speed faster than
the highest satellite data rate).

In WiSP go to each satellite Setup, TNC tab and set the Port Speed to 57600
and Uplink to the 9600 speed.  While there set the TX Port per the
following:

TX Port 0 in WiSP is associated with Modem 1 on the TNC3S.
TX Port 1 in WiSP is associated with Modem 2 on the TNC3S.

This entry sets which modem will assert PTT to the radio.  Since you will
be transmitting 9600 to the satellite, select this entry to assert PTT on
the 9600 modem.

Don't worry about the receive side.  Wisp will sort this out based on the
info in the received packet sent from the TNC3S.

Since it contains some graphics I will send you seperately a picture of the
Registry modifications/additions you should make to make it easier to
handle the 38k4 speed.

Later on you can change the TNC Program setting if you want the TNC to wake
up in normal mode and have WiSP set it to KISS mode when MSPE starts.  I
leave mine in KISS mode all the time for simplicity.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org