Re: AO-40 Status ???

Hi Jeff,

I was hearing the beacon last night (local time) around 0700utc.
It wasn't super strong, but I was able to capture some telemetry.
None had good CRC, but I haven't gotten one yet on S-band.  I forget
what the MA was, but I remember being surprised at hearing it because
of the low number.  Doppler was a bit annoying, due to how close the
bird was to perigee, but it pretty much matched predictions.  Rx at
my station was an indicated 2401.295 or so.

With a 10 foot dish you'll need to be real careful on pointing the
thing...  Those of us using, uh, blunt instruments have an advantage
in that department.

Good luck,

Greg.