RE: 144 MHz TX inhibit for FT-847

Mike N1JEZ wrote:

	My biggest fear with my downconverter was a brief power failure causing the
	radio to cycle on/off thereby transmitting a brief spike up the line. With
	the TX 8 line disabled I can't see how this will happen. As always, your
	mileage will vary.

Wayne replies:

This sounds like a good reason to use a "TX enable" instead of a "TX inhibit".  At the very least, I should check to see if any condition will cause the FT-847 to transmit momentarily on 144 MHz during power-up.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA