AO-40 Status ???

Hello All,
   Just put up a 10 foot dish over holiday weekend and installed 2401 MHz feedhorn using it with the Drake Downconverter. I did not hear the S-Band Beacon or any signals. The satellite was at MA 16.7 May 29th  between 0630 and 0745 utc. I swept across the whole band from 2401.0 to 2402.0 looking for signals with no luck.

Is the transponder/beacon on 24 hrs a day ???
Is the satellite on only at certain MA positions ??

Jeff K7XQ