Powering a preamp: photo

I posted to this list a while back, trying to explain with *text*, how a preamp/downconverter can be powered with one cable. The text explanation was hard to follow.

Here's a photo which should help: http://homepage.mac.com/billmac/PhotoAlbum3.html

I'm thinking about using this same scheme to power a DEM preamp and a 3733
(the DEM pre hasn't been ordered yet).

As K5OE has mentioned, it might be a good idea to run this idea past the folks at DEM,
to see if there are any potential problems.

--

Bill Howell
University of Texas at Austin