NEW GNU/Linux Tracking S/W SGP/SDP

Hi,
I've written a satellite tracking program that work under GNU/Linux
and should be portable to other Unix platform.
It's based on the high accuracy SGP/SDP model for earth orbiting
object that's the right model for TLE data commonly available.
An easy to use ncurses based interface has been chosed, but an X
interface is planned; trk can be run, though, in an rxvt/xterm window.

The program is in the beta (v0.3.5) state but is fully functional, it
features:

- Single/multi sat tracking
- Single/multi observer site
- Observer location can be supplied on the fly
- Position indication as AZ, EL and Ra, Dec and Sub Satellite Point
- Distance as Range and Altitude showed
- Orbit number and "Phase"
- AOS/LOS in absolute or relative to present time
- Sun and Moon position
- Satellite illumination (umbral, penumbral eclipse, visual, in sunlight)
- Pass scheduling
- Graphical plotting of elevation (via Gnuplot)
- Calulation at an arbitrary (fixed) time
- Actual (propagated) orbital elements
- Antenna rotor driving
- Real horizzon can be taken it account to show really usable passes

and last, but not least...

     IT'S A GNU SOFTWARE YOU CAN MODIFY IT AS YOU NEED!

Many things are planned for the next version:

- an X interface to "see" the satellite
- more documentation
- more rotor driver
- more info for visual observing

...and let me know what are your requirements, I hope to have time to
develope it, or you can do it by yourself.

Write me if something go wrong, for suggest, criticism, ideas, bug
reporting, ecc..., or simply to tell me you are using trk, at:

         Lapo Pieri  (IK5NAX)

         Home address: via A. dei Corbizi 9  I-50127 Firenze Italy
         Phone: +39 055 410209
         e-mail: ik5nax@amsat.org
         packet radio: ik5nax@ik5skv.#fi.itos.ita.eu
         website: www.qsl.net/ik5nax