Re: 3733-helix

bill@hurlock.net writes:
> Do you have any close up pix's of the 1st turn showing how you worked the
>  matching section?

I used the same methodology I used on my 16-turn "default" helix:  The first
180 degrees is covered in 1/4" instead of the normal 1/2" for 1/2 of a loop
(3/4" spacing for first loop). Bringing this first 180 degrees close to the
reflector lowers the feedpoint impedance. I did not measure it, but with the
close-coupled preamp, did not feel it was critical.  You can see that helix
at:
http://members.aol.com/k5oe
73,
Jerry, K5OE