Re: AO-40 spreadsheet

>From: Margaret Leber <maggie@voicenet.com>
>Edward R. Cole wrote:
>
>> When you have done that you have made your first radio astronomy
>> observation, by the way!  A neat QSL for doing this is available from the
>> SETI-League for this accomplishment.  See:
>> http://www.setileague.org/awards/qslcard.htm

>So...looks like EME counts. So do Oscar and ISS contacts. The AO-40
>*beacon* may be considered a broadcast, I dunno.
>
>73 de Maggie K3XS

Maggie,

I believe the beacon would qualify.  The exclusions are to emphasize use of
user-built systems that are not "consumer-appliances" like a satellite
telephone, a GPS receiver, or watching TV on your satellite dish.  It goes
to the spirit of the venture...ham satellites definitely qualify, in my
opinion.

Now a goal would be to qualify in all four categories: Natural, EME, Human,
and Alien.  That last one will win you the "most famous person of the
century" award, too!  I can attest to having the first three accomplished ;-)

Ed