Re: 3733-helix

Hi Keith,

I'm working on this...not sure if it's better than the dipole, but I think
it's equal.  It's SO hard to test right now...hopefully a 2.4GHz signal gen
kit will arrive soon, so I can do some experiments.

Intially, I swear I hear less "spin" or fading of the signal with the
helix.  Hard to know for sure....maybe I just "want" it to be better ;-)

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/transystem/MVC-700F.JPG

Increment the whole series through
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/transystem/MVC-710F.JPG

701F.JPG through 710F.JPG...

At least is shows you how I'm moving forward with this idea.

Do you have any pictures of your efforts?  What about "wrapping" the dish
in screen cloth?  I haven't even tried yet.

A major advantage of this route?  I can stick a DEM preamp in line now,
once it arrives :)

73,

Mark

At 07:52 AM 5/28/01 -0700, KEITH wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
>Has anyone successfully mated a helix to the adic-3733, and
>actually measured or noticed
>better performance then the stock dipole? I have not been
>able to improve the reception
>over the stock dipole.
>If you did a picture would be nice.
>Thanks in advance.