Re: Using a 27C512 for a 27C256?

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 08:42:08AM -0000, Alan P. Biddle wrote:
> Many thanks for the reminders on how to do this.  Years ago some of us used
> WA8DED code on the JAS birds, as in some installations it seemed to work
> much better.  Otherwise, we used Howie code.  Did the switching using a
> select line. I found the specs, an should be in good shape.

Some of the Symek and PacComm TNCs come with a switch already installed
to do this.  I don't know what alternate code PacComm used, but I have
a Symek TNC-2S which came with both TAPR (Howie) and TF firmware.

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen