From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Jim Walls
Sent: 28 May 2001 02:53
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Lunch with G6LVB

This afternoon, Howard Long - G6LVB flew into Los Angeles International
airport and had about a 2 1/2 hour layover before catching a flight back
to England.  As I type this, Howard should be just west of the Rockie
Mountains somewhere.
My son Steven and I drove out to the airport to meet with Howard during
his layover and have some lunch.  Howard was about the 4th person off
his inbound flight and after his arrival and getting checked in for the
outbound we took a walk trying to secure lunch.  We finally ended up at
a fine dining location and were able to enjoy lunch together along with
a nice long chat.  Howard is a really nice guy and had all the antenna
pieces for his portable operations from this side of the world.  Finally
we had to part company so Howard could get onto his flight home.  All in
all, an enjoyable afternoon.  I hope you had a nice flight.
I was able to snap this photo of Howard at lunch...
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/Photo/Pics/G6LVB1.html

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org