Re: 2.4 GHz Feed copied from the Mars Viking Lander

Somebody posted a link to a site where somebody was doing this very type of
helical feed.  I'm looking through my bookmarks, but so far no luck.

It was a nice site, with lots of pictures, and I think there might have
been a "print this and wrap it" type of template for making the feed.

Does anybody know the link to the site I'm thinking of?

Might be fun to try...

73,

Mark

At 02:34 PM 5/27/2001, you wrote:
>>I took a hi-res scan of the negative and here is the picture:
>>
>>http://www.ozoni.com/n4ip/viking.jpg
>>
>>I took the picture at an angle that allows measurements to be made.
>
>See it just proves that all of this microwave stuff is "rocket science"!
>:O)  Hi hi!
>
>Or at least we are playing w/state of the are stuff...
>
>Now if we can only figure out the changing taper on that feed.. I've seen
>other commercial feeds like that picured elsewhere on the internet.  The
>Choke ring, however I think we understand....
>
>Enjoy...
>
>Fred W0FMS

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]