Re: 2.4 GHz Feed copied from the Mars Viking Lander

Thanks, Pieter.  Very interesting!  Yes, that is exactly the configuration I
tried.

For those on the BB that did not see the original note, I cobbled together a
K&W style helix reflector "cup" and tried it out on local MMDS.  The cup is
approx.  4" in diameter and 2" in height and mounted it on my default 16-turn
helix I have been using for AO-40.  The improvement in signal quality was
noticeable and I have no reason to believe the Trueman, Emerson, et. al.,
delta of 2 dB for this "mod" to be fairly represented by my little trial.  I
plan further experiments.  You can see a picture of the lash-up at:
http://members.aol.com/k5oe/helix_cup.jpg
73,
Jerry, K5OE
ps:  yes, it's a coffee can :-)