Helix vs dish

Hi there

A simple 23 turns helix and a 0.8 db noise/ 30 dB gain converter on 2,4 GHz
gave me the pleasure to contact N4IP, DL1RG, W0EOZ, W7AM, W4NUS, DG0OPK,
DJ7AL, OK2AQK, EA5GIY this sunday morning (some of them in fone  ...)
AO-40 was 63 000 km far away.
Well, at the moment, my conclusion is: a  good NF/nice gain 2.4 gigs
converter is easier to buy/build/maintain/install/protect/hide than an
outdoor dish  :o))

73 de Jean-Louis F6AGR