Re: AO-40 spreadsheet

Actually, it's less 16%, not 16DM (I think..)

So, it's maybe another $10 off.  Works out to about $108 I
think--shipped.  The $145 doesn't include shipping I bet.  The gap widens ;-)

Actually, I don't understand duties, so I have no idea what that will add
to the cost of such a purchase.  I don't recall paying duties on the Wimo
antennas I purchased.  Shipping was very expensive though.  Perhaps it was
added into that, I don't know.

Anyhow, I ordered a DEM preamp last week.  I was just looking into the
future with other bands and purchases in mind....

73,

Mark

At 07:08 AM 5/27/2001, you wrote:
> >From: "Mark L. Hammond" <hammond@surrealnet.net>
> >Sadly, it looks like those of us in the U.S. have to pay about a 30-40%
> >markup to buy Kuhne products through SSB Electronics, rather than buying
> >directly.
> >
> >Frustrating...they look like really well-made products at good prices,
> >until the markup.
> >
> >73,
> >
> >Mark N8MH
>
>Lets look at an example:
>DB6NT sells the MKU-232A2 for 248DM - 16DM [VAT for EU only] + 35DM
>shipping* = 267DM.
>
> >From http://www.xe.net/ucc/
>DM = .440069*US$
>
>So the MKU-232A2 would cost 117.50 US$ if there were no customs duty!  SSB
>sells it for 145 US$
>
>*Of course Kuhne expressly states that US sales are only through SSB
>Electronics.  The shipping charge of 35DM which converts to $15.40 seems
>low to me.  It cost me about $30 for UPS shipping from PA to AK!  What does
>it cost for the monetary exchange?
>
>This really does not seem to me that SSB is out of line with its costs.
>I'll bet it would cost an US individual more to buy directly from Germany.
>
>Ed
>

>----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]