Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 14:58:31 -0500

HI ALL

>From K9SLQ Wayne

First I want to thank Mike N1JEZ for helping me get a tracking program going
after my LogSat puked because of a Y2K problem of all things.  Also, Vic
W1NU who was sharp and caring enough to pick up my email address from a
transmission and reply with a report saying you might as well give up until
you get your ears on because you are obviously not hearing anything.  Now
that's valuable confirming and helpful information.

Anyway,  after going over everything again yesterday I was confident I had
made some improvements only to hear less than nothing again on orbit 262.
Now I must admit I don't know what to do next but one things for sure after
the last failure it won't be give up.

Frustrated is an under statement when Mike N1JEZ says in a recent posting S1
will have more gain.  That is all well and good but the way I look at it is,
if other stations are hearing and working via S2 then that just fuels more
frustration because I am now a verified failure with not even a certificate
to prove it.

What would help?  Activity reports such as who was worked and heard with the
time and orbit, MA etc.
At least if I knew I should have heard something it would take some of the
pain away from listening to hours of frying noise.
If I had that kind information last night I could of at least told my wife
why I woke her up at 3:30am(local) getting up to go check AO-40.  I am not
suggesting flooding AMSAT-BB with everyone sending their brag sheets
everyday but a few success reports would help keep my fire going.  If you
are shy and don't want to post your success stories send them to
k9slq@amsat.org

Wayne K9SLQ