And yet another question....

Greetings all

Just finished the basic mods to a Drake 2880 so the antenna is next.  I
have
the material to build a helix feed but I was wondering about an antenna
that
I picked up surplus - this is a broadband spiral antenna that is built
into a small
enclosure that has absorptive material built into the back shell.  This
came from
some type of military test fixture.  Anyway,  I take it that the spiral
is circularly
polarized - there are two paths to the spiral that rotate clockwise from
the
center.  The diameter of the spiral is a couple of inches.  Would this
be a suitable
antenna to feed a small dish or should I relegate it to the 1152mhz weak
signal source?

73 de AA9IL
Mike Kana