AO-40 portable results

Folks

I'm still trying to get my first portable QSO on AO-40 - I can hear my
downlink but I don't think luck's on my side. My signal is still quite weak
in comparison to others.

Depending on the configuration I have between 200 and 500W erp linear
polarisation from an Arrow on a tripod.

Downlink is 0.7db NF DB6NT RX converter and 15 element linear.

I can always hear my CW downlink when the transponder's on. A shame my CW's
non-existent.

In good conditions I have no problem hearing my SSB downlink at all. A lot
of the time it's marginal though.

I've foud a real problem is my silly callsign which in weak signal
conditions seems to confuse everyone.

73 Howard G6LVB/VE7