Weak Signal Banquet NF numbers

Greetings all

This talk about noise figure and mixers brings up a question about a
surplus
mixer that I have been saving for a project.  It is an Anaren image
reject
mixer for the 2-4ghz band.  I looked the part number on the Anaren page
and found that it has an IF frequency centered around 50 to 70 mhz.
The mixer has an sma input for RF, LO, and an IF1 and IF2 output.  I
would
suspect I would terminate one of the ports for use.  Judging from the IF

range, the LO must be right near the RF frequency - 2400mhz would have
a 2350 LO for a 6m IF.  Question - what advantage does this mixer have
over a regular
DBM - would the image rejection make the mixer as good as a DBM with
a filter in front of it?  Any general info would be appreciated.

tnx es 73
Mike   AA9IL