RE: telemetry server?

If you have the application "P3T", you can connect it to a telemetry server
at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. The IP address
of the system is 128.182.143.104, and the Port ID is 1024.

Need P3T? Download it at http://www.cstone.net/~w4sm2/software2/P3t_AP.zip.
Once you get it, click on the "Menu" menu option, then click on "TCP/IP".
Once there, click on the "Client (data in)" selection. Enter the IP address
and Port ID shown here. Click Connect. If someone is feeding telemetry, you
will see data in the Raw window. Next, move your cursor first into the "Host
TCP/IP Address" window, then click on the "Menu" menu option in the TCP/IP
window, and select the Save option. Repeat this process by clicking in the
Port window. When you run P3T the next time, the values for GSFC will be
saved.

As for when data is being fed to GSFC, (and thereby the best time to hook up
and join in the fun); when AO40 is in radio range of the east coast of the
US, you will almost always receive telemetry; there is one station in DL
that feeds data, and there are probably more in the Western US.

As a final point, I would like to start a spreadsheet of the stations that
can and do regularly feed telemetry to the GSFC server. I maintain this is
one of the best innovations in the Earthly end of the amateur radio
satellite world, and we need to continue to use and evolve it. Like Tom
W3IWI says, we're just amateurs. We built a system for $2.98 (GSFC telemetry
server) that provides much of the functionality of NASA's TDRS network,
which cost gazillions. What a dum bunch of hicks we are. (NOT!)

Regards,
Steve Diggs, W4EPI