Re: Weak Signal Banquet NF numbers..

Peter,

While I follow and agree with what you are saying, I am not sure I
understand your final conclusion.  I need some clarification.

Are you saying that by measuring a system that converts both sidebands with
no image rejection that the actual noise figure is 3 dB worse or 3 dB
better?

I would think that by converting both sidebands, you are actually generating
more noise and if you aren't taking that into account that your noise figure
number will be worse than it really is.  Perhaps I have it backwards.

Help?

73,

Jon
NA9D