Smoke my down converter?

As I am starting to put together my AO-40 station, I am wondering...
are there any simple fail safe methods to keep me from frying my
RX converter with RF? I have a 290/790 pair now, so I can just
remove the mic and turn down the carrier on my 290, but I would
suppose with an 847, if you weren't careful and hit the wrong
button...  poof.

RF switch to a dummy load?

Bill
W1PA
(who remembers and admits he once hooked up an RF
switched pre-amp backwards.... ouch...)