Re: U-Ant. polarization of AO-40

Hi this is Yoshi.

At 2001/05/23 04:35:04 Luis Felipe Solis wrote:
> please, any person know, what is the correct polarization of the RX antena
> for UHF band
> ON SATELLITE AO-40? (is RHCP, Really??)

  I am now using RHCP 11-ele crossed Yagi for U-band uplink. It is
working much better than my 6-ele Horizontal Polarized YAGI.

  When I tried to QSO between my local hams on 2m, with my 6-ele
LHCP/RHCP switchable Yagi antenna and his RHCP Yagi for oscar, the
LHCP-RHCP signal levels was over 15dB weaker than RHCP-RHCP's one.
  So If the U-ant of AO-40 is LHCP, I will not get any responce
with my 11-ele crossed Yagi. You should use RHCP antenna.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/> Sorry, Japanese only now.