Re: Disparaging Helical Antennas: Use a DSS Dish for a reflector?

Hi Jerry,

I guess my post must have been confusing. The idea was to use a DSS dish
as a reflector for the helix. Placing your rather long helix at the base
of a DSS dish would put at least some if it at the focal point. Being
concave would help eliminate those pesky 45 degree lobes.

Perhaps this combination would offer the best of both worlds, maybe the
worse as well...:-)

Later

Christopher Cox
KC8FRJ

Hey look  ~~~~~~)    This is what I am talking about!