Kuhne MK24 Oscar

Hi all, I have just received my Kuhne down converter and for anyone
considering buying one I think you would be happy.
I ordered it on 11/05/01 and is has been up for 3 days so they look after
you.

The day I received it I had it installed in its weatherproof mast mounted
container ready for AO-40 pass that evening and was very pleased with its
performance over my old converter as I followed the MB out to about 50k and
it was reading over S9 most of time on IC-821, with no signal the noise
level on IC-821 was S3.

I was up early next morning about 6 hours later and once again found the MB
at S9 and this time the L/S was on and copied quite a few stations at 60k.
The dish I am using is a 90cm offset dish mounted on KR-5400 rotators with a
3.5 helix feed for RHCP,this I haven't aligned for best performance as yet.

Now to get my mode L dish up and running and looking to contacting you on
AO-40.

For what it is worth I find that the MB is always around 2401.323 plus or
minus Doppler and dont have to search for it like I did with my old
converter.

Regards Reg Wood VK2RW

rswood@hunterlink.net.au