re: An American Ham in Denmark, so far

> As some of the regulars know, I am in Denmark right now to attend a
wedding.  > My own! That was 10 days ago and now that the dust has settled
I've had a
> chance to try UO-14 mobile. I can report that "oscar zulu stroke kilo
oscar
> four mike alpha stroke mobile" is too much to chew. There seems to be much

> qrm, tones, etc.. and I have hard a hard time on the few passes so far. On
the > last pass I did hear PA0BCA, OH2JJM, DL0HVL and a few others and had
someone
> ask me for my grid (which is JO45). If anyone here on the list hears me,
> please give me a call. I'd like to log at least one qso, hehe!
>
> I hadn't realized that being at 55 degrees N gives you several more passes
per > day than farther south. Unfortunately I cannot hear the bird below
about 15
> degrees with this setup.
>
> Thanks for the bandwidth,
>
> Drew OZ/KO4MA/Mobile

Hi Drew,

You might want to try calling pa5rwe on evening passes.
He can capture the satalite if need be and is not likely to give up on you.
His setup alows him to not only track the elevation and azimut of the
satalite but also the polarisation (rotating loopyagi's
http://www.loopyagi.da.ru )and can hear almost 100% of every pass.

good luck

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands