Re: Heard the Bird

My NOVA sez 20.4 degrees, hearing anything at that squint is an
accomplishment.

At 11:13 PM 5/22/01 -0500, David Rush wrote:
>I stayed up a little later than usual tonight, and finally heard the
>AO-40 beacon at about 2401.320 MHz.  Very weak, though - S0.  It took me
>a while to find it.  This is with a 60cm dish, 2.25-turn helix, Drake
>(simple mods only), 50 ft of cheap Rat Shack TV coax, to my FT736 (no
>preamp).
>
>Can any of you tracking software jockeys tell me what the squint angle
>was, to a station in Kansas City at around 03:30, May 23 (UTC)?  I'm at
>39d 00.74m north, 94d 40.87m west.
>
>I'm trying out Predict 2.1.2 under Linux, and it doesn't seem to provide
>squint angle.
>
>David, ky0dr
>----

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
http://www.primenet.com/~nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"