UEK 3000 Downconverter Mounting

Hello Phil

Well, I got mine up tonight!

DON'T mount the 3000 on the boom, you run the risk of exposing the
bottom to the rain and elements as the boom rotates the antenna up.
I'm running a Yeasu 5400 AZ/EL rotor. On the side of the AZ rotor, there
are two unused bolts, they are on the opposite side from the wiring
connections, toward the top.  I drilled out one of the holes on the
3000 mounting plate just a very little bit, and bolted it to the top of
the AZ rotator. I mounted the BBQ about 12" out on the boom, the
cable is more than long enough.

I am running power up the coax from a Yeasu T-847...
SUCCESS!!!   I've been copying the MB S5+ for an hour now,
P3T running great again!

See you at MA 70!
Thanks AMSAT for the "Dayton Special" !!!

N9UUR,  Gary

> I just picked up a Phillips dish and SSB downconverter at Dayton and I'm
> preparing to put everything together.
>
> I want the downconverter mounted to the antenna and was wondering if
> anyone has done this and how they mounted the downconverter.
>
> 73  Phil
> KA1YIQ
>
> --
>
> Phil....KA1YIQ
> Packet: KA1YIQ @ WB1CQO.CT.USA.NA
> Fairfield County Skywarn: http://www.buzel.com/skywarn/
> Skywarn Dist List:
> http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/FairfieldCountySkywarn
> GNARC/OEM Dist List: http://www.egroups.com/messages/GNARC-OEM
> AMSAT # 26718
> Web Page: http://www.qsl.net/ka1yiq
>       http://www.ctweather.com
>

> Email: ka1yiq @ amsat.org
>       ka1yiq @ arrl.net
>       Philb @ ctweather.com
>
> Satellites:
> UO-22, KO-25, TO-31 (Digital)
> AO-10, FO-20, FO-29, RS-12/13 Analog

Gary Bargholz
http://home.wi.rr.com/n9uur/
AMSAT Area 9 Coordinator, Wisconsin
Chairman:  W.A.R. The WI Association of Repeaters
Treasurer:  M.R.C. The Milwaukee Repeater Club 146.910MHz PL 127.3
Owner:      N9UUR Repeater Milwaukee 442.425 MHz PL 127.3
                N9UUR-10 Milwaukee APRServe IGate (N9UUR.IMC.MU.EDU:23)