Transystem Stub Idea

The stub on the Transystem 3733 has an open end which should give a low
impedence at 2400 mhz. If you short the end of the stub it should be a high
impedance at 2400 MHZ and roll off the other frequencys. I am going to
experiment with this but I dont have good test equipment. There is no DC
voltage on the stub so shorting it wont matter. Any more ideas on this? Doug
W3HH....