Re: N-connector loss

0.5 dB of loss per N connector is WAY to high.  They are much better than
that!

And that 0.15 dB loss Peter specifies at 10 GHz is near the upper edge of
the useful frequency range for the N connectors.  At frequencies much beyond
10 GHz (approx 12 GHz or so) these connectors start to operate in some mode
other than TEM (I think that's the fundamental coax propagation mode).  Then
the loss goes way up.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 5/20/01 1:48 PM, Pieter Ibelings at elpieter@hotmail.com wrote:

> Please look at page 2 of this file at the Amphenol web site:
>
> http://www.amphenolrf.com/pdf/type_n_spec.pdf
>
> They spec the loss as 0.15 dB loss at 10 GHz. I doubt that amphenol is going
> to publish incorrect specs. Those specs are consistent with my measurements.
>
> Pieter Ibelings

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA