RE: Kenwood TH-F6A in grainy 3rd rate pics

> I spoke to a very knowledgeble guy on the Kenwood stand who
> was fairly categoric that it would do full duplex - however,
> he didn't seem to be too keen on seeing the PTT used as a CW key!

Sounds like an interesting box...  As for CW, would be better to wire a key
across the PTT contacts.  A lot of HT PTTs are rather dodgy as keys. :)

> On the AO-27 birdie issue all he'd say was that it was
> documented in the manual. Mmmmm. Not quite in so many words.
> True the frequency is documented. But I didn't see a big
> banner headline anywhere saying "this satellite radio won't
> work AO-27".

That's definitely what I'd call a design fault.  There shouldn't be any
birdies of significance within the ham bands, and ESPECIALLY not in the
satellite bands for a satellite radio!