The "AMSAT SPECIAL"

I should have been reading closer...

So as a proud owner of an AMSAT Phillips Tech BBQ
Dayton special.  I have a basic question, VERY basic.

Do I mount this thing Horizontal or Vertical to the ground?
BTW It looks very nice, well construced.

Question 2.  The SSB Paperwork on the UEK 3000 does not list
any current draw specs, and I can not find any reference in the FT-847
documentation as to how much current it can supply.
Anyone running a 3000 from a 847 via coax?
Should I "give t a try" or run a separate power cable?

Thanks,  an AO-40 wanabee  :)

Gary, N9UUR