Re: Adding Preamp to 2.4 Gig

Hi all.  There have been many reports of superior LHCP helix
feeds for off center dishes that I wonder if it would be
useful to mount a pre-amp, (DEM kit?) directly on the rear
of the helix reflector WITHOUT the use of any connector?  The
reflector usually is about 5 inches square which is plenty of
room for a pre-amp.  Ultimately, a single PC board with the
pre
amp on one side and the helix termination on the other would
be
compact and light.  Difficulty would be finding a match  for
minimum noise figure as well as weather proofing.   Cliff K7RR