Powering a preamp

My Meyers BBQ and barefoot TranSystem was useable (made 4 QSO's so far), but the reception _was_ pretty noisy, partly perhaps because I was looking through some very leafy trees.

I have a Conifer "10 db" preamp which I have yet to put in line (I did try it on the bench w/ a Drake, so I know it functions),

The Conifer has two N connectors for 2.4 gHz in/out, and a  neet scheme for power: it has
has an F connector to feed the shack, and an F pigtail that connects to your downconverter.
Apparently this "F" scheme "picks off" the DC power for preamp use.

I'm wondering if this scheme could be applied to the DEM 13ULNA (add 2 F connectors and DC "pick off" circuitry).

The advantage would seem to be: no separate DC line to run to the preamp.

--

Bill Howell
University of Texas at Austin