Re: antenna system gain

Roughly 4*pi*area/wavelength^2 minus 3dB (for illumination/feed
efficiency) minus 3dB again (for linear-circular mismatch).
So area=43x58cm=.2494m^2
4*pi*area/wavelength^2=23dBi-3=20dBiL-3=17dBiC

This is also about what you'd get with a linearly polarized 60cm dish
(area=.2827m^2).  Actually the dish is 0.5dB higher.

I don't know if dBiL is a standard usage but I've seen it/used it to
emphasize the use of a linear source in a (possibly) circular
environment.