Re: antenna system gain

Hi Wayne,

I think your "smaller" BBQ dish is about 18 dBi gain, from info gleened here:

http://www.transystem.com.tw/products/waidc.htm

It lists the higher gain as 24 dBi.

I think in either case, since the feed and antenna is linear, we have to
subtract 3 dB from the numbers above.

I think you'll be amazed at how much better the 24 dB antenna appears, at
least by the match of the spreadsheet, than the 18 dB antenna....

73,

Mark N8MH

At 11:16 AM 5/21/2001 -0500, Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:
>To use Gene Marcus' S2 downlink spreadsheet effectively, I need to know
>the actual gain of my antenna system.
>
>I have a 43x58cm barbeque grill linear-polarized dish with a
>dipole/reflector feed.  What is the gain of the antenna system, taking
>into account the efficiency of the feed?
>
>Is there an online source that gives information like this without
>requiring extensive calculations?
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Wayne Estes W9AE
>Mundelein, IL, USA