Re: antenna system gain

Hi Wayne,

I think your "smaller" BBQ dish is about 18 dBi gain, from info gleened here:

It lists the higher gain as 24 dBi.

I think in either case, since the feed and antenna is linear, we have to
subtract 3 dB from the numbers above.

I think you'll be amazed at how much better the 24 dB antenna appears, at
least by the match of the spreadsheet, than the 18 dB antenna....

Mark N8MH

At 11:16 AM 5/21/2001 -0500, Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:
>To use Gene Marcus' S2 downlink spreadsheet effectively, I need to know
>the actual gain of my antenna system.
>I have a 43x58cm barbeque grill linear-polarized dish with a
>dipole/reflector feed.  What is the gain of the antenna system, taking
>into account the efficiency of the feed?
>Is there an online source that gives information like this without
>requiring extensive calculations?
>Thanks in advance...
>Wayne Estes W9AE
>Mundelein, IL, USA