Re: Adding Preamp to 2.4 Gig

The only thing that makes this a bit undesirable for me is that I've been
playing with 4 different downconverters so far.  Thus, modifying a
downconverter is sort of multiplied by a factor of 4 for something as
fundamental as power.

For a long term "permanent" application, this is probably the way to
go.  But I think a 12V tap out of the coax is something I'll try...

73,

Mark N8MH

At 10:39 AM 5/21/2001 -0500, David Rush wrote:
>How about pulling the DC out of the downconverter (drill a hole to route a
>wire out), and running a short
>jumper wire out of the downconverter to power the preamp?
>
>David, ky0dr

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]