Re: S-band pre-amp kits ?

In a message dated 5/21/01 1:36:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ns1z@arrl.net
writes:

<< DEM says you can get good results with just a VOM but I would imagine it
 hard to obtain best noise figure that way. I don't know of anyone else
 kitting these. >>
John, that's what I thought when I took the DEM PHEMT which I built from his
kit to the Weak Signal banquet at Dayton, and was pleasantly surprised to
find noise figure measured at .58 dB and gain = ~18 dB.

Doubtless the noise figure might be tweaked a tad lower, but the voltmeter
method appears to work Just Fine.

Mike, W1BFN