Re: Adding Preamp to 2.4 Gig

Maybe a clever tap/splitter?

I'm thinking about building up a "T" splitter type of affair near the
downconverter.  Basically use another inductor to tap 12V back "out" from
the center coax wire, so I can put a 12V connector/dongle out near the
preamp, to power it.

Can somebody see a reason NOT to do it this way?  Or perhaps propose a
different solution (other than running another run of wire(s) out to the
preamp directly.

73,

Mark N8MH