Re: N-connector loss

  I've been following this discussion with some
interest, since my final configuration is going to
involve some pretty long feedline runs (and a few
n-connectors along the way.)

  I'm assuming the .15db/pair number is for a
perfectly installed connector done by a professional.

  Does anybody have any feel for how different the
performance is for connectors installed by the
average joe-ham with a soldering iron and 2 thumbs
standing on a ladder at night during mosquito season? :^)

If I install my own (assuming it's not shorted),
can I assume I can get an equivalent level of
performance?

  -al
  WB1BQE