Re: S-band receiving requirements

FWIW:
MIL-C-39012 specifications for type N connectors used with flexible
transmission lines.
Insertion Loss:  0.05sqrt(f,GHz) dB max

Unfortunately the term "N-connector" is like "Coke" or "Kleenex".
Personally (snobby comment follows) I don't buy 'em without a MIL-C number
stampted on them because it's the only way I know what I'm really getting.

At 11:12 AM 5/20/01 -0700, guy lemke wrote:
>I don't think so!!! I work with 2.4 Ghz every day at the company I work
for and
>we use times microwave and I have talked to their engineers many times and
they
>have told us that this is what we should expect... So believe what you would
>like but this is still my answer to the question.
>
>        Guy Lemke
>        KD6MTU
>
>Pieter Ibelings wrote:
>
>> 0.5 dB per N connector? Sounds like too much! I have measured a pair of
BNcs
>> and a pair of N connectors all in a line at 1.5 GHz and I get less than 0.5
>> dB. I doubt that a single one is 0.5 dB. Maybe if you buy the radioshack
>> versions.
>>
>> Pieter

What is

>> should
>> sheet

>> This
>> (RG-8) on
>> spreadsheet

>> subtract
>> for a

>> attack
>> contemplate
>> the
>> coax

>----

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
http://www.primenet.com/~nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"