Re: Expected noise results with Drake converter (nosatellite.)

  I wanted to thank everyone who replied.  The general
consensus is that indeed a noise-change should be expected
when plugging in the converter.    (Incidently, an un-modified
converter (which I also tried) also exhibits a (smaller) noise
increase.

  Armed with that little fact, it was easy to trace the
problem to a hastilly installed F connector where the cable
attaches to the converter.

  On to building a signal source and preamp!

  -al