Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 21:34:32 -0400
From: "Alan K. Adamson" <ne1h@highrf.com>
Subject: [amsat-bb] The "Spreadsheet"

I'm trying to catch up from being at Dayton, but I'm confused about a
comment that was made about converting dbc to dbi or vice-versa.

The Spreadsheet wants antenna gain in dbi (linear) right?  So, why are
you
converting the BBQ antennas to dbc by subtracting 3 db from them???  The
24db is linear on those antennas, they *are* not circular.

Ok, now if you are talking about dbi to dbd.  then it's 2.14 not 3db.

Can someone clear that up for me?

Thanks,
Alan