The "Spreadsheet"

I'm trying to catch up from being at Dayton, but I'm confused about a
comment that was made about converting dbc to dbi or vice-versa.

The Spreadsheet wants antenna gain in dbi (linear) right?  So, why are you
converting the BBQ antennas to dbc by subtracting 3 db from them???  The
24db is linear on those antennas, they *are* not circular.

Ok, now if you are talking about dbi to dbd.  then it's 2.14 not 3db.

Can someone clear that up for me?

Thanks,
Alan