Re: Transponder noise detectable

Thanks for you interesting post.

The information provided allow me to compare the performance of
my system and to now how much it should be improved:
with a 60 cm offset dish and a DEM converter (<1dbNF, >20dB
gain, I should have performance similar to the yours

However, to understand how far I am from the target (detecting
trasponder noise floor) I would like to know how the middle beacon
signal compare to noise floor, i.e how may dB out of the noise floor
do you receive the beacon.

Thank you for your attention

73 Aldo IZ1ANT
Aldo Marchetto
C.N.R. Istituto Italiano di Idrobiologia
I-28048 Verbania Pallanza (VB) - Italy
Phone +39 323 556571 Fax   +39 323 556513
E-mail a.marchetto@iii.to.cnr.it