AO40 Leila(sp?)

Has anyone noticed a difference in Leila on either side of the beacon?
I worked a station in Germany, we were above the beacon, and it squawked at
both of us. even tho we were at least 2 "S" units below the beacon.

I was on with another station state side below the beacon, and I had to
crank up to almost the beacon level to get it to squawk.

I cannot vouch for the "2 's' units", of course, but there was certainly a big
level difference...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....