Re: Downconverter drift

>I have been very pleased with the frequency stability of my downconverter
after I soldered a 60C PTC thermistor to the L.O. crystal.  Drift is
negligible 5 minutes after I turn it on.

I wrapped my 3733 in two layers of tin foil (shiny side out),  and
saw a marked improvement in stability after 30 minutes or so.  I also
mounted the downconveter *under* the c-band feed of the dish,  for
whatever that is worth.

tu de Rich