Re: Preamps, NF and Bandwith, the dilemma..

Hi Jens,
You really want the narrow band preamp for satellite work.

For general VHF/UHF/SHF monitoring, a low noise preamp is
practically useless anyway unless you are using a very
long run of coax as the earth noise totally dominates
for terestrial signals. The non-ham services on these bands
are not "weak-signal" modes anyway (mostly FM.)

Tony AA2TX

---