Re: Orbit 250 apogee

At 03:04 18-05-2001, you wrote:

--snip--
>Amateurs have published designs for 0.4 dB NF (28 K) amplifiers in QEX and
>Microwave Update and antennas can easily be made with sidelobes that are 15
>db down so that they only pick up 9 K of ground noise.

Does this mean that using an offset-dish instead of a primefocus dish is
actually an advantage, since the feed is usually NOT pointed at the ground,
but upwards, so that over-illumination will not "see" the ground?

How big is the ground-noise contribution exactly?

Is there anywhere I can read more about it?

73 de OZ1LRG