Re: Transsystem and FT-847

>From: "Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)" <luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca>
>Couples of questions?
>4-Gain of ft-847 ay 123MHZ comparing to 144MHZ?

Luc,

I can only answer the fourth question as I don't have the AIDC equipment.
I assume by your question that you would like to know the minimum
detectable signal threshold of the FT-847 at 123 MHz in USB with no DSP
filtering enabled.  I can make that measurement this weekend by taking a
service monitor home from work and measuring my FT-847.  The spec from
Yaesu indicates a sensitivity of .125 uv which translates to approx. -120
dBM.  This also translates to a NF ~14 dB.  This is with the internal
preamp disabled.  The internal preamp has been measured to produce a NF of
8 dB at 144 MHz.

Receiver gain by itself means nothing.

Ed